Brewer Job Opening
Half Acre Beer Co. is seeking a qualified brewer to work in our cellar and brewhouse. The brewer will be responsible for all aspects of wort production on our 30bbl Braukon brewhouse as well as all cellar operations. This individual will operate within our brewhouse and cellar with a critical focus on safety, cleanliness, organization, consistency, and quality. This position will work Tuesday - Saturday and will need to cover some evening shifts every week.
Ultimately, the Half Acre brewer must exude the same massive passion and pride for creating beer that exists at the core of all of our brewery staff. This individual must be driven by hard work and selfless acts, and they must be able to achieve intimate harmony among all brewery employees. The applicant must be capable of critically assessing problems that arise and working through them in a rigorous fashion. The applicant must have a mind for organization and cleanliness, and must be tuned in to the critical factors that dictate beer quality. The applicant must be safety-minded. Must be able to lift 55 lbs. and maneuver equipment in tight spaces. The Half Acre brewer must have at least one year prior experience with brewing and cellaring in a fast-paced brewery environment, with experience working with brewhouse automation a plus.
- Hop additions
- Wort cooling
- Wort aeration
- Gravity and pH measurement on wort
- Brewhouse equipment CIP
- Boiler and water management
- Fermentation vessel CIP and sanitization
- Yeast handling
- Dry hopping
- Beer transfer
- Beer carbonation
- Gravity, pH, dissolved oxygen, and CO2 measurement on beer
- Communicating well with other brewing, cellaring, and packaging staff
- General equipment maintenance and regular cleaning of work areas
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Wort production, Fermentation management, Mechanically-minded, Fermentation science, Sanitary technique, Organization skills
- Competitive hourly wage with increases based on performance and cost of living.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance available and subsidized.
- Retirement plan available.
- Employee discounts on beer, food, and merch.
Half Acre is a growing company with a great culture and great vibes. Everyone at Half Acre looks out for each other and wants the best for each other.
To apply for this position, please send an email with Brewer Position in the subject line to email@example.com with a paragraph of personality you think we should read and attach a resume or CV.