Quality Manager Job Opening
Quality Manager Position
Job description – Half Acre Beer Co. is seeking a qualified individual to manage our quality department. The Half Acre quality manager will ultimately ensure the consistency and quality of all brewing operations. The quality manager will utilize chemical assays to monitor the consistency of batches, manage a creative and statistically powerful sensory program, track and analyze quality data collected from all areas of the brewery, generate thoughtful quality reports, process complaints, and implement evidence- and literature-based changes to better our production process.
Applicant requirements – Ultimately, the Half Acre quality manager must exude the same massive passion and pride for creating beer that exists at the core of all of our brewery staff. This individual must be driven by hard work and selfless acts, and they must be able to achieve intimate harmony among all brewery employees. The applicant’s mind must be capable of manipulating unexpected situations and systematically restoring order in an efficient manner. The ideal candidate will possess a 4-year degree, with a focus in biology or chemistry preferred. 2 years of experience working in a production brewery is also required. Formal brewing education and knowledge of beer sensory science and statistics is preferred. Must be experienced in aseptic technique and common lab duties.
Quality manager job duties:
- Conducts routine chemistry-based measurements
- Works with microbiologist on micro sampling plan
- Designs, manages, and executes a thoughtful and rigorous sensory program
- Conducts data entry and analysis for all beers
- Maintains complaint log and investigates complaints
- Maintains quality manual
- Generates quality reports
- Educates all staff on beer sensory and off-flavor training
- Works with brewing and packaging staff on process improvement projects
Benefits and Compensation:
- This is a salaried position. Half Acre offers competitive wages with increases based on performance and cost of living
- Retirement plan available with 3% matching contribution
- Employee discounts on beer, food, and merch as well as shared costs for beer events
- Employer-sponsored medical, dental, and vision insurance.
If you'd like to apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com , subject: Quality Manager .